WHAT IS MEA TIGER?
MEA TIGER (Together In Government and Education Reform) is a non-profit, non-partisan, unincorporated organization.
- Seeks and endorses qualified candidates for public office.
- Supports candidates in primary, general and special elections.
- Increases school employee involvement in government.
- Assists employees in organizing for more effective political action.
- Educates employees on pertinent political and educational issues and on office holders’ voting records.
- Conducts voter identification and registration drives.
- Insures maximum voting participation on Election Day.
- Raises and disperses funds for all of the foregoing as approved.
- Works with other groups in all aforementioned activities.
WHY JOIN MEA TIGER?
· To help elect supporters of public education to public office
· To compel elected officials to pay attention to issues affecting those who work in public schools
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR MEMBERSHIP IN MEA TIGER?
TIGER membership is open to all members of the bargaining unit who voluntarily contribute TIGER dues to MEA TIGER.
In addition, Associate TIGER membership is available to individuals in the bargaining unit who are on leave, former MEA members not currently employed in the school system, retired members of the bargaining unit and retired teachers or paraprofessionals who have moved to this area and would like to support the goals of MEA TIGER.
HOW DO I JOIN MEA TIGER?
Please contact MEA at 747-5091 for a TIGER application form.
HOW MUCH ARE MEA TIGER DUES?
Dues are paid once a year and are equal to one month’s MEA dues assessment. For MEA members, dues come out of the 21st paycheck.